We believe the Holy Scriptures of the Old Testament and New Testament are the inerrant, inspired, and infallible Word of God. God’s Word is the revelation of God and His plan for all mankind. It is the final authority for faith and life.
We are trinitarian. We believe there is only one true God who has revealed Himself as the eternally omniscient, Omni present, omnipotent “I AM,” the Creator of heaven and earth, Redeemer of mankind, revealed to believers as Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
We believe man was created good and upright and with free will; for God said, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness.” Man made a voluntary decision to sin that resulted in his separation from God.
We believe the Lord Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God. Born of a virgin, He led a sinless life and preformed many miracles. The blind received their sight, the lame walked, lepers were cleansed, the deaf heard, the dead were raised up, and the poor had the gospel preached to them. His miracles continue to this day in accordance with His sovereign will.
We believe that all mankind is born into sin and his only hope of redemption is through the shed blood of Jesus Christ the Son of God and His subsequent physical resurrection. We believe in the substitutionary work of Jesus on the cross. All people are drawn to God by and through the power of the Holy Spirit. Salvation is given by grace, through faith, which is a gift, not a result of works, lest anyone should boast. Salvation is received following the confession of, and repentance from sin. The inward evidence of salvation is the direct witness of the Spirit. The outward evidence of one’s salvation to others is a regeneration manifesting as a changed life and a sincere desire to become more Christ like.
We believe that sanctification is a process beginning with a daily choice to avoid being conformed to the ways of the world but rather being transformed by a renewing of one’s mind through the power of the Holy Spirit and the washing of the Word.
While belief and regeneration are the greatest miracles of all, believers are entitled to and should ardently expect and earnestly seek the baptism in the Holy Spirit and fire, according to the command of our Lord Jesus Christ. This was the normal experience of all in the early Christian Church. With it comes the enduement of power for life and service, the endowment of the gifts and their uses in the work of the ministry and is evidenced by a deepened love for God and His people, as evidenced by an intensified desire to know God, His heart and will result in deeper dedication to His work, and a more active love for Christ, His Word and the lost.
We believe the church of the Lord Jesus Christ is a local body of believers on mission to enlarge God’s kingdom. The local church is autonomous, free of any external authority of control. Each believer, born of the Spirit, is an integral part of the Church or the Body of Christ tasked with fulfilling the Great Commission of demonstrating God’s love and compassion for all the world, to seek and to save that which is lost, to evangelize the world, build a body of believers in the image of His Son and be a corporate body in which mankind may worship God.
We believe in the following ordinances of the church:
- The ordinance of baptism by immersion is commanded by the Scriptures. All who repent and believe on Christ as Savior and Lord are to be baptized. Thus, they declare to the world that they have died with Christ and that they also have been raised with Him to walk in newness of life.
- The Lord’s Supper, consisting of the elements –bread and the fruit of the vine– is the symbol expressing our sharing the divine nature of our Lord Jesus Christ a memorial of his suffering and death and a prophecy of His second coming, and is enjoined on all believers “till He comes!”
We believe that all believers are entitled to and should earnestly seek the promise of the baptism of the Holy Spirit according to the command of our Lord Jesus Christ. The baptism of the Holy Spirit is a gift that typically results in one or more supernatural gifts,
We believe a divinely called and scripturally ordained ministry has been provided by our Lord for the fourfold purpose of leading the Church in:
Evangelization of the world.
- Worship of God.
- Building a body of saints being perfected in the image of His Son.
- Meeting human need with ministries of love and compassion.
- The Blessed Hope “…the glorious appearing of the great God and our Savior Jesus Christ; Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.” Titus 2:13-14 The blessed hope is that every believer, born-again, redeemed and delivered from death through the power of the Holy Spirit as a result of Christ’s death on the cross and subsequent resurrection will eventually be with Him in eternity.